Sesssion 2 Day 3: Mirror Lake & Bloody Noses
Bloggers: Allison from WI & Madison from MT!
- To start the day, the calf killing hike from the parking lot
- 2 lift rides later, it’s still 37°
- Allison crashes and loses her ski
Allison’s ski rockets down the hill, good thing Maci can catch
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: Audrey
- Misses the seat on the Magic Mile
- Misses the seat again on Palmer
- Finds out she has a bone spur
- Nose starts gushing blood in the lift line
- Gets snow to try to stop bleeding
- Throws snow off lift, I thought this was ski camp not How to Get Away With Murder
- Stops bleeding with a tampon, who knew?
- GS training is AWESOME
- It is now 70°, going down feels more like waterskiing
- Finally at the van, taking off our sweaty layers and painful boots
- Feeling so happy about another day of great GS training
- GET IN THE VAN
- 3 steps in Maci twists her ankle (she’s ok!)
- 10 steps in we were already winded (we trained full length GS today)
- Halfway in we cut some corners
- Almost there Madison gets a bloody nose (another one! we didn’t have a tampon for this one)
- In the lake our bodies felt numb
- On the way down gravity gave us a little push
- At the parking lot we sat in a nearby stream
- Sitting wasn’t enough, Zoe wanted to slide in
- Time to leave, GET IN THE VAN
This was awesome!
Chillaxing in a freezing stream.