Mt. Hood Intro to Ski Mountaineering Camp Travel & FAQ
WHO THE MOUNTAINEERING CAMP IS FOR:
- Ladies who want to climb to the top of Mt. Hood!
- Ladies who want to learn the fundamentals of ski mountaineering from an all-female professional guide team.
- Ladies who want to learn ice axe self-arrest, how to use crampons, basic skinning techniques, rope travel among other skills that the guides think will be important to cover before a summit attempt.
- Ladies who feel comfortable being outside hiking and are in good physical condition.
- Ladies who have little to no experience with ski mountaineering or ski mountaineering equipment .
- Ladies who are comfortable with changing weather conditions.
- Ladies who are excited to be out in the mountains.
- Ladies who are interested in outdoor leadership skills.
*Email us at [email protected] about any ability questions.
** Anyone who needs to rent technical gear will have the option to do so through Timberline Mountain Guides. Keely’s Camp will send out an email with more information after registering for camp about gear rental options. Please feel free to reach to Keely’s Camp if you have any questions on rental gear prices or any other gear questions. Please note Timberline Mountain Guides does not rent ski touring boots.