Travel & FAQs
* Additional Travel Costs for Keely’s Camp Airport Service
- Special trip to airport -$150 (if flights cannot be scheduled in our 12 pm to 5 pm arrival and 2 pm to 7 pm departure window, or on an unscheduled airport day)
Unaccompanied Minor Tips!
Unaccompanied Minor fee – $100-$150 depending on the airline.
Each Airline has their own UM Age Policy i.e. ages considered to be an unaccompanied minor.
We suggest flying Southwest Airlines and/or Alaska Airlines to avoid UM fees, save you money, and to make group logistics for Keely’s Campers easier. Additionally, both SW and AA are the cheapest options. See the following Airlines listed below:
Current Price and Age
Southwest Airlines: 11 & Under $100 ROUNDTRIP
Alaska Airlines: 12 & Under $100 ROUNDTRIP
JetBlue Airlines: 14 & Under $100 EACH DIRECTION OF TRAVEL
American Airlines: 14 & Under $150 EACH DIRECTION OF TRAVEL
Delta Airlines: 14 & Under $150 EACH DIRECTION OF TRAVEL
United Airlines: 15 & Under $150 EACH DIRECTION OF TRAVEL (not recommended)
- If driving please check in at the Mt. Hood Academy at 5:00pm.
- If flying please arrange flights to arrive into Portland International Airport (PDX) between 12:00pm and 5:00pm. Please note–*Because of the large flight time windows your daughter may be waiting for several hours for an appropriate number of campers to fill a van** For example: if your daughter lands at 10am she may have to wait for her airport group until 2pm. We do our best to accommodate every athlete equally.
- We will have coaches waiting for the girls in the baggage claim area at PDX
- Please email your daughter’s itinerary to avoid confusion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival Days 2016
Session 1 June 11
Session 2 June 19
Session 3 June 28
Session 4 July 5
Session 5 July 10
Session 6 July 18
- If driving please pick up at the Mt. Hood Academy at 12 – 12: 30 pm
- If flying please arrange flights to go out of PDX no earlier than 2 pm and no later than 7 pm
Departure Days 2016
Session 1 June 18
Session 2 June 26
Session 3 July 3
Session 4 July 9
Session 5 July 17
Session 6 July 25
How do you handle food allergies?
We do the best we can to accommodate for food allergies at camp. Keely’s Mom and amazing camp cook, does an incredible job helping the girls with specific dietary needs. However, if there are certain foods a camper needs we suggest they pack snacks and/or alternative foods. Please communicate with us before camp about food allergies on your medical release forms.
What should I pack?
We will send you a detailed packing list prior to your session.
How do I tune my skis at camp?
The Mt. Hood Academy has tuning benches. Please bring your tuning equipment. Also, our coaches are available to help tune skis if you are new to it. We also have a tuning class the second night of camp to help you learn to tune your own skis.
I just started ski racing, am I ready for your ski racing camp?
Usually we require at least a year of ski racing experience to handle Mt. Hood’s terrain. You can email email@example.com to inquire about your ability and/or send video of your skiing to us!
How much extra spending money should my daughter bring?
There are quite a few ski and souvenir shops in Government Camp. If your daughter needs new ski gear or just wants to send a postcard home there are plenty of places for her to shop around. We would suggest $50-$100.
Can I visit my daughter while she is at camp?
Please do! Swing by and check out the scene at the house. Warning though, you won’t leave with an empty stomach! Mom loves to feed everyone.
Where can parents stay in Mt. Hood?
We stay in Government Camp which is the main town near Mt. Hood. It is a short 20 minute drive from Govy to the mountain. If you are interested in staying in the beautiful Mt. Hood area during the week while your daughter is with us, there are a few great options:
Timberline Lodge– http://www.timberlinelodge.com/lodging/
The Huckleberry Inn (make sure you have one of their famous ‘Huck Shakes’)–http://www.huckleberry-inn.com
Mazama Lodge- http://mazamas.org/lodge/
Will there be opportunities to demo skis at camp?
Keely’s Camp provides a full demo fleet of slalom and gs skis for the summer by http://www.blizzardsportusa.com. There are also opportunities in Govy, June and early July, to demo skis with a variety of different ski companies.