Travel & FAQs
Session 1: June 18th
Session 2: June 26th
Session 5:¬†July 12th (Session moved from August dates)
Session 3: July 20th
Session 4: July 28th
Session 5: August 8th (moved)
- If driving please check in at the Mt. Hood Academy between 6:00pm and 6:30pm
- If flying please arrange flights to arrive into Portland International Airport (PDX) between 10:00am and 5:30pm.
- We will have coaches waiting for the girls in the baggage claim area at PDX.
- Please email me your daughter‚Äôs itinerary to avoid confusion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Session 1: June 25th
Session 2: July 3rd
Session 5:¬†July 18th (Session moved from August dates)
Session 3: July 27th
Session 4: August 4th
Session 5: August 18th (moved)
- If driving please pick up at the Mt. Hood Academy at 12:30pm
- If flying please arrange flights to go out of PDX no earlier than 1:30pm and no later than 8:00pm
How do you handle food allergies?
We do the best we can to accommodate for food allergies at camp. Keely’s Mom and amazing camp cook, does an incredible job¬†helping the girls with specific dietary needs. However, if there are certain foods a camper needs we suggest they pack snacks and/or alternative foods.
How much extra spending money should my daughter bring?
There are quite a few ski and souvenir shops in Government Camp. If your daughter needs new ski gear or just wants to send a postcard home there are plenty of places for her to shop around. We would suggest $50-$100.
Can I visit my daughter while she is at camp?
Please do! Swing by and check out the scene at the house. ¬†Warning though, you won’t leave with an empty stomach! Mom loves to feed everyone.
Where can parents stay in Mt. Hood?
We stay in Government Camp which is the main town near Mt. Hood. It is a short 20 minute drive from Govy to the mountain. If you are interested in staying in the beautiful Mt. Hood area¬†during the week while your daughter is with us, there are a few great options:
The Huckleberry Inn (make sure you have one of their famous ‘Huck Shakes’)-http://www.huckleberry-inn.com
Will there be opportunities to demo skis at camp?
Keely’s Camp is provided a full demo fleet of slalom and gs skis for the summer by our awesome sponsor¬†http://www.blizzardsportusa.com. There are also opportunities in Govy earlier in the summer, June and early July, to demo skis with a variety¬†of different ski companies.